Spider’s: General Update on the State of Affairs…
I had promised when I started this blog that it would not be a place that turned into a journal of my medical issues, but I have gotten several e-mails asking how things are going and there have been some new dates set so I thought that I would give you a brief update of where we are in the grand scheme of things.
- Chemo and radiation ended last week – the radiation effects will still hang around for 3-4 weeks so I am still a bit tired and crampy and don’t like to be too far away from a bathroom
- Surgery is scheduled for July 3rd with pre-surgical appointments on June 18 and June 25 – sounds like the stay will be about 4-7 days depending on how things go.
- After surgery there will be 18 weeks of chemo divided into two (2) week chunks – 11 hours on Monday, a portable home pump for three (3) days then done for the rest of that week and the next.
- I get the Jeep back today or tomorrow complete with a new engine
- Should hear this week about the consulting position (I hope…)
- The bf is coming down later this month and I just can’t wait… does giddy like a school girl cover it?